The strength of MDSC over the past 40 years has always come from our membership, and particularly from those in our community who have stepped up to become leaders. Early leaders were almost always parents who saw a need and volunteered. Today, we are fortunate to tap into the vast experience and talents of our membership, while also attracting a broad array of highly-talented individuals to be a part of our wide range of boards, advisory councils, task forces and committees that advance MDSC’s critical mission.
The MDSC Board of Directors is composed of 15 to 18 members who are committed to serving a minimum three-year term and are elected in staggering sequence by a majority of the MDSC directors present at the Annual Meeting. The Executive Committee includes the Chair of the Board, Vice Chair of the Board, and the Chairs of the Audit & Finance Committee, the Governance Committee, the Development Committee, and the Personnel Committee.
The MDSC by laws describe how Board committees are formed, officers are elected, and Board meetings are conducted. MDSC’s Board of Directors approved its first three-year Strategic Plan in November 2005. The most recent Strategic Plan outlines our goals through the year 2020.
- Stacy Rachelle Lindborg, Ph.D, Chair
- Jonathan Tabasky, Esq., Vice Chair
- Eleanor Axelrod
- Susan Lawson Cann
- Judson DeCew, Ph.D.
- Richard Downey, Immediate Past Chair
- Richard Fleming, Ph.D.
- Clare Gillan
- Dave Granfors
- Taiese Bingham-Hickman, Ph.D.
- Roxanne Hoke Chandler
- Bob Mills
- Jim Molla
- Betsy Pelz
- Margaret Pulsifer, Ph.D
- Stephanie Santoro, M.D.
- Francisco Zamudio
MDSC’s Honorary Board of Directors serves in an advisory capacity to the organization’s regular Board of Directors with the charge of helping the organization expand its capabilities and strategic goals.
- Mrs. Beverly Beckham and Mr. Bruce Beckham
- Mrs. Louise Borke and Mr. Gerald Brecher
- Mr. Sean Buckley and Mrs. Sandra Buckley
- Mr. Francis Callaghan and Mrs. Gillian Callaghan
- Dr. Brian Cruz
- Mrs. Deborah Gregorio Cruz
- Mr. Edward DeNoble and Mrs. Allyson DeNoble
- Mrs. Danielle and Mr. Anthony DeCotis
- Dr. Jim DeVellis
- Mr. Brian Diercksen and Mrs. Suzanne Diercksen
- Mrs. Nancy Donahue
- Mr. David Falcone and Mrs. Lauren Beckham Falcone
- Mr. Oliver Foley and Mrs. Kinnon Foley
- Mr. Charles Gadbois and Mrs. Karen Gadbois
- Mr. Michael Gunter
- Mr. Roger Kafker and Mrs. Dawn Kafker
- Mr. David Kelleher and Mrs. Liza Kelleher
- Ms. Ann Kelly
- Ms. Katherine Craven and Dr. James Kryzanski
- Dr. Harlow LaBarge
- Mr. Neal Lyons and Mrs. Kathy Lyons
- Mr. Andrew Majewski and Mrs. Lisa Majewski
- Dr. Sohail Masood and Mrs. Mona Masood
- Mr. Robert Mills and Mrs. Laurie Mills
- Mr. Stephen and Mrs. Donna Narey
- Mr. James Padula and Mrs. Jessica Padula
- Mr. John Campbell and Ms. Susanna Peyton
- Mr. William Regan and Mrs. Peg Regan
- Mr. John Reichenbach and Mrs. Lynn Reichenbach
- Mr. Tom Sannicandro
- Mr. James Shay and Mrs. Monica Shay
- Dr. Brian Skotko and Ms. Carrie Liken
- Dr. Mitchell Sokoloff and Gwen Sokoloff
- State Senate President Karen E. Spilka
- Mr. Jonathan Tabasky and Mrs. Kerri Tabasky
- Mr. Andrew Tapley and Mrs. Susie Tapley
- Mrs. Barbara Vanderwilden
- Mr. John Vanderwilden
- Mr. Christopher Vincze and Mrs. Janet Vincze
- Mr. James Whalen and Mrs. Diane Conley
- Maureen Gallagher, Executive Director
- John Anton, Legislative Advocacy Specialist
- Reaghan Bik, Development Director
- Tara Buffum, Employment & Special Events Coordinator
- Elaine Crowley, Administrative Director
- Sarah Cullen, Family Support Director
- Ashley DeNoble, Program Specialist
- Lauren Foley, Community Engagement & Research Coordinator
- Carlyn Foreman, Education Director
- Laura Green, Program Specialist
- Brooke Harvey, Teen & Adult Services Coordinator
- Joshua Komyerov, Communications & Operations Director
- Tatiana Salinas, Bilingual (Spanish) Family Support Specialist
- Jacquie Sherman, Executive Assistant / Project Manager
- Kristen Tenglin, Centers of Excellence Director
Through working directly with researchers and scientists, the MDSC Medical and Scientific Advisory Council — made up of leaders in the field — selects a number of studies each year that will be made available for the MDSC members to participate in if they so choose.
Each research proposal received is carefully reviewed for content, ethics, and feasibility before forwarding the information onto our members. If approved, the MDSC will develop a study dissemination plan in partnership with the researcher. The MDSC is sensitive to the confidential nature of our membership information and at no time does the MDSC sell or share member information with researchers.
- Brian Skotko, M.D., M.P.P., Chair
- Nicole Baumer, M.D.
- Brian L. Cruz, M.D.
- Emily Jean Davidson, M.D., M.P.H.
- Mark Friedberg, MD, MPP
- Richard Fleming Ph.D.
- Beverly Hay, M.D., FACMG
- Susan Kornetsky, M.P.H.
- James Kryzanski, M.D.
- Jessica McCready, PhD
- Kevin Mills, Ph.D
- Julie Moran, M.D.
- Errol Mortimer, M.D.
- Nicolas Oreskovic, M.D., M.P.H.
- Serguei Roumiantsev, M.D., Ph.D.
- Eric Rubenstein, PhD, ScM
- Stephanie Santoro, M.D.
Click here to read more about our Medical & Scientific Advisory Council members.
If you are seeking participants for a research project that you would like the MDSC Medical and Scientific Advisory Council to consider, you must submit a proposal that includes the full study and IRB approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MDSC Business Advisory Council is comprised of corporate leaders from all types of industry who are dedicated to supporting the MDSC in achieving its mission to ensure that all individuals with Down syndrome are valued, included, and given opportunities to lead meaningful lives.
Acting as advisors to the MDSC management team, and guided by an official charter, members of the MDSC Business Advisory Council share best practices in business, build relationships with other community leaders, and contribute and raise funds to support the critical work of the MDSC.
- Jeffrey M. Palmer, Council Chairman, Vice President and Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
- Christopher Kearney, Account Manager, Account Manager, Automation Anywhere
- Louise Borke, Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer (retired), State Street Bank
- William Regan, Senior Vice President, Global Regulatory Strategy, Navidea Biopharmaceuticals
- Neal Lyons, Vice President National Accounts, RosieApp
- Paul Murasko, Senior Director of Digital Customer Interaction, Ipsen
- Peter Tardif, Senior Director of Growth, GrubHub
- Andy Majewski, Executive Vice President/Partner, CBRE New England
- Keith Dubois, Commercial Lender, Rockland Bank Trust
- Debra Fuertado, Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager, Eastern Bank
If you’d like to learn more about serving on our Business Advisory Council and/or how you can partner with the MDSC please contact BAC@mdsc.org.