Get your running shoes on.
If you’ve always dreamed of running the historic Boston Marathon, now is your chance! Whether you’re hoping to break a world record or reach an incredible personal milestone, with Team MDSC, you can make a difference in the lives of people with Down syndrome along the way. On April 18th, Team MDSC will take on the 26.2 trek from Hopkinton to Copley Square.
MDSC is a proud official charity of the John Hancock™ Non-Profit Marathon Program. Through this program, dozens of dedicated individuals have had the opportunity to fulfill their personal dream and run the Boston marathon in honor of people with Down syndrome. The Non-Profit Program provides over 1000 Boston Marathon® bibs to select non-profit organizations throughout the community, which provides organizations with a significant fundraising opportunity.
If you have any questions about the program or application process, please email email@example.com.
Benefits of running for Team MDSC include:
- Charity runners will receive and official bib into the Boston Marathon;
- Coached by CharityTeams, which provides runners with the guidance and encouragement to successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising;
- Personalized online fundraising page and fundraising support from the MDSC and CharityTeams;
- Running singlet;
- Transportation to race starting line;
- Invitation to MDSC pre-race event;
- Access to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon® course complete with aid station support;
- Weekly communications and monthly meetings with guest speakers;
- Gear to wear before, during and after running;
- Positive team experience and memorable journey of running the historic Boston Marathon!
Our runners, in their own words
My wife Ann, and I have a 5 year old son Sean who has Down Syndrome. Sean was born one month early, and diagnosed with a mitral valve heart defect. Despite these diagnoses he has amazed us ever since. Sean has grown to be a healthy 5 year old boy, and started kindergarten this year in an integrated classroom. He has transitioned well to his new class, and continues to be amazing everyday. He has a way of making everyone that interacts with him smile, and is making quite a splash at the Roosevelt Elementary School. Our family is blessed to have Sean in it. We continue to do everything we can to support him, and all others with Down Syndrome as well as their families.”
– Michael Plumer, 4-time Team MDSC member
Every August, 20+ runners, both first-timers and old-timers, earn spots on MDSC’s team to compete in the New Balance Falmouth Road Race. Known as one of the best non-marathon races in the country, this seven-mile course thrills runners as they hug the scenic Cape Cod’s shoreline. Please note: Qualified runners who get a waiver can also join the team.
As a registered MDSC team member, you are guaranteed:
- an official number in the race;
- a special MDSC running singlet;
- an invitation to join us at our pre-race luncheon on the weekend of the race in Falmouth,
- and much more!
To learn more about the Falmouth Road Race, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Race for Awareness
If you are participating in another endurance event and would like to support the MDSC as part of your journey, please reach out to the MDSC! We will set you up with your own personal fundraising page and provide you with a MDSC singlet.
If you are interested in participating in a Race for MDSC event or have other questions, email us at email@example.com.